Saturday 19 January 2013

Sample Format for Law Comic


Legal Literacy Module on Right to Information (RTI) Sample Format                                                         (Conversational Form)

Mannu: Hi! Babe, how are you?
Tannu: Hey! Don’t call me babe!

Mannu: Ok, cool down Tannu, and tell me how are you?
Tannu: Hmmm…I am good, what about you Mannu?

Mannu: I am good! But in great trouble! My teacher has given me an assignment on RTI and don’t know anything about it? Do you have any idea about RTI?
Tannu: Yes!  RTI stands for Right to Information, which is a fundamental right of every citizen. It ensures access to information under the control of any public authority.

Mannu: Okay! But what is the need of RTI?
Tannu: To bring transparency and accountability in the governance.

Mannu: Hmmm….you said we can access any information under RTI. What does “information” includes?
Tannu: Information means any material in any form, including records, documents, memos,           e-mails, opinions, advices, press releases, circulars, orders, logbooks, contracts, reports, papers, samples, models, data material held in any electronic form and information relating to any private body which can be accessed by a public authority.

Mannu: Can students ask for copies of their evaluated answer sheets under RTI?
Tannu: Good question Mannu! In a landmark judgment, the Supreme Court allowed disclosure of the answer-sheets to the examinee, under Right to Information (RTI). So cool na!!!!


Mannu: Ya and by the way what is file noting?
Tannu: I also have some confusion on it. Hey we can ask the Wiseman about it .. he will surely help us !!!!!

Mannu: Yes! Tannu it’s a great idea! As he is our friend, he will definitely help us.
Tannu: Ok.lets go!

Tannu: Wiseman uncle we have a query! What is file noting?
Wiseman: My dear! Generally, main file contains all the materials connected with the subject/matter. Each file also has what is known as note sheets, separate from but attached with the main file.  Most of the discussions on the subject/matter are recorded in the note sheets and even the decisions are recorded on the note sheets. These recordings are generally known as “file notings”. Therefore, no file would be complete without note sheets having “file notings”. In other words, note sheets containing “file notings” are an essential part of a file.

Tannu: Wiseman uncle can I please ask one more question?
Wiseman: Yes! Why not my dear!

Tannu: Wiseman uncle! What are my rights under RTI?
Wiseman: Dear Tannu! I suggest you to meet Lawman, as he has great knowledge of law! He can also clear your other doubts relating to law.
Tannu Mannu: Okies! Thank you Wiseman Uncle!

Wiseman: You both are my sweet children! Whenever you have any problem you can come to me without any hesitation.

Tannu Mannu: Ok! Wiseman Uncle! Bye! Take Care!

Tannu: Lawman uncle we have some confusion about law? Please guide us.
Lawman: Of course! My friends! I will be glad to clarify the confusions of young minds!

Mannu: Lawman Uncle! RTI is our fundamental right? So, what are my rights under RTI?
Lawman: Good question friend! Well, you can inspect the work, documents, records, take notes, extracts or certified copies of documents or records. Apart from that you can take certified samples of material.

Mannu Tannu :Ohhkkkk!!!

Tannu: Lawman Uncle: When RTI is our fundamental right then what is the need of RTI Act 2005?
Lawman: I always appreciate your eagerness to learn Tannu. Actually Right to Information is our fundamental right, which is mentioned in Article 19 of our great constitution. However, it does not provide any procedure or mechanism how to acquire the information and what will be the remedy if the information is not given, what will be powers of commission etc.

Tannu: Ohhh! It’s great!
Mannu: It means it defines the rights and duties of public authority! And by this mode we can retrieve the information.
Lawman: You are absolutely right Mannu!

Tannu Mannu: It was a great help! We are very thankful to you, Lawman Uncle!
Lawman: No! My dear friends, it is my duty to assist and teach students like you!

Tannu: So are you now clear about RTI?
Mannu: Yep Tannu! You are like an angel to me! I am really sorry for misbehaving with you earlier!

Tannu: Hmmm….Hey Mannu see Pandey ji (Policeman) is coming let’s discuss RTI with him?
Mannu: Ya ya !

Tannu: Pandey ji Pandey Ji!
Pandey Ji (Policeman)! Ohhh! Taanu! How are you?

Tannu: I am fine! Do you know about RTI?
Pandey ji: No Tannu!


No comments:

Post a Comment